Re: emacs 23 conversion - headers fail

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs 23 conversion - headers fail
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:28:49 +0200

Charles Petrie <petrie@cdr.stanford.edu> writes:

> I’m going from a previous version to 23. The
> conversion to mbox seems fine. Except: no headers
> will display. Instead there is an error message that
> ‘ Search failed: “ “ ‘ A lot of other stuff doesn’t
> work as well, but this is critical. Any clues please?

No - actually this reminds me of the 90s hit movie with
Alicia Silverstone, "Clueless".

Why do you want to use Emacs 23, isn't 24 the most
recent?

What do you mean by "conversion"? What OS do you use?
Did you install Emacs with a package manager, e.g.,
aptitude, apt-get, or yum?

What is it you try to do with mbox? What command do you
give to get the error message?

What do you mean a lot of other stuff doesn't work?
Everything should work. Or do you have configuration
and such part of which doesn't work with the new
version? Actually that shouldn't happen either, at
least not "a lot".

If you describe what your situation is and what you try
to do that'll be a start.

--
underground experts united