Re: how to handle rtf

From: renato . pontefice
Subject: Re: how to handle rtf
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 06:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

Il giorno giovedì 31 luglio 2014 12:30:02 UTC+2, Rusi ha scritto:
> On Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:33:26 PM UTC+5:30, renato wrote:
>
> > I try to explain, why do I do I need to use .rtf, and why do I'd like to do
> > with emacs:
>
> > In the company where I work, I have to open rtf files, insert some text
> > (plain text), save it, upload on a server, that will elaborate that file,
> > replace the text tha I've inserted (that is a  a variable name) with the
> > content of the variable.
>
> > The prob to use MS Word or LO, is that, when I open this file with this
> > program, the insert some rtf code, that let the server app not to process
> > the replacement. (i.e., my program look for [**VARIABLE_NAME**] and
> > replaces it with the real content of the variable), but, when I save from
> > MS or LO, my variable will be corrupted (i.e., is no more
> > [**VARIABLE_NAME**-], but...
> > [**VAR(\hich\af1\dbch\af37\loch\f1_IABLE_NAME**])
>
> > of course, in this way, my parser, will not recognize the variable name.
>

> > So, my prob is to try to edit this rtf in the more plain text as possible.
> > But, not be confused, with the .rtf code.
>

> > This is why, I'm lookin for sothings that let me edit .rtf in emacs, but
> > with sothings that let me read without the rtf code.
>

> > Have I been more clear?
>

> Yes
>

> You need to clarify one important thing: How much of the 'r' in the 'rtf'
>
> (aka the formatting) you really need.
>

> It appears from your description to be very little or none at all.
>
> In which case saving (from MSO or LO) as (plain not rich) text and working
> with
>
> that would be the natural way.  After that munging that text-file in emacs or
>
> python or ... is a different question.
>

> If however you *do* need the formatting one way that comes to mind offhand is:
>
> Use org mode and the odt exporter.
>

> In general, rtf is nominally text with 'richness' ie formatting.
>
> However the formatting is WAY WAY too much for you to be able to do normal
>
> text processing on it and maintain your sanity

I need  many 'r'...
the doc, are normaly .doc text. Imean:
- formatting (text, tab, margin...etc)
- fonts
-etc.

I need to format in .rtf, because:
- it is well formatted text
- are plain text
- the parser can find e subsiuite variable

I cannot use other format, because the server side application, already use
this format (because, is text format, and can also support formatting).

So you tell me to look at org-mode?
wich package can I use in org mode?

TIA

Renato