Re: reducing font size

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: reducing font size
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 21:42:41 +0100

>> I'm developing/writing my own theme which will have everything in it
>> that I want that other themes don't have in them! Sounds arrogant but
>> its quite easy to do using "M-x customize-create-theme", and its fun!:)
>>
>> Anyway, I use tabbar and want to have the font of that and the mode-line
>> smaller, but I can't find out how. Can anyone give me some pointers as
>> to where to look please?
>
> This might be one place to start:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/SetFonts#ChangingFontSize
>
> Probably you just want to customize the relevant faces, setting their
> fonts to the sizes you want. E.g., use `M-x customize-face' and change
> the `Height' value.
>
> For the mode line there are two faces: `mode-line' and `mode-line-inactive'.
> For tabbar.el, it is probably face `tabbar-default' that you want.

Thanks for this Drew, I was able to change "tabbar-default" from "Height
1.0" to 0.8 which, although it doesn't seem much has made a heck of a
difference! Its increased my screen real-estate, but is still readable,
which is a great advantage! :)

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1