Re: How to get the UK holidays displaying in the agenda?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to get the UK holidays displaying in the agenda?
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 22:41:41 +0100

Memnon Anon <memnon+usenet@freeshell.org> writes:
> (setq holiday-general-holidays
>       '((holiday-fixed 1 1 "New Year's Day")
>         (holiday-fixed 3 17 "St. Patrick's Day")
>         (holiday-float 5 1 1 "May Day Bank Holiday")
>         (holiday-fixed 7 12 "Battle of the Boyne")
>         (holiday-float 8 1 -1 "May Day Bank Holiday")
>         (holiday-fixed 12 26 "Boxing Day")))

This looks like a Northern Ireland list.  St. Patrick's day and Battle
of the Boyne day aren't holidays in the rest of the UK.  (Battle of the
Boyne day isn't a holiday in the sense of "something you look forward to".)

The second one you have called "May Day Bank Holiday" is the August bank
holiday.  There's another bank holiday too, but I can't remember when it
is.

BR,
Robert Thorpe