Re: Out-of-control backups!

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Out-of-control backups!
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:11:30 +0200

>> Of course, you could make backups (to external drives).  But as far
>> as I'm concerned, I know I won't do that regularly if at all.
>
> The idea that someone might do backups manually baffles me,

No, back then when I did make backups I automated that using a cron job
that checked if my external HDD was connected, and if so, do an
incremental backup.  But that didn't work too well for two reasons.  1)
I simply didn't get to my external HDD too often, and 2) I accidentally
backed up large new files that weren't covered by my black/whitelists
and globs.  Then I either could just wait for the file copy to finish,
or abort the backup, edit my blacklist and backup again.

Bye,
Tassilo