Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:43:47 +0700

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

>> However I see you using the unicode "’" (U+2019) in
>> your reply instead of the traditional typewriter "'"
>> (0x27). :-) How can you be a traditionalist with
>> behavior like that? Ha ha!
>
> I and Mr. Khan already had a holy war on that which
> included some 10-20 posts, some of which were very
> long. Next time, I'll put him down that mercilessly as
> you just did and be done with it.

Oh, now that you two have blown my cover, I have to confess. I am from
an alternate reality where technical limitations and bad design
decisions are recognized, deprecated and obsoleted at the earliest
opportunity. So, Unicode everywhere (including FTP and ZIP), keyboard
rows are not staggered, and HTML has been superseded with XHTML which
has to be valid to at least 1.0 Strict before any existing browser
displays even a bit of it.

But even in that alternate reality, now and then, people still miss a
bit of a technical limitation which was in effect at the time of their
childhood. Some develop a CRT-like terminal emulator, some listen to
music on vinyl discs.