Autocomplete unification

From: Pablo Mercader Alcántara
Subject: Autocomplete unification
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:17:42 -0400

The help I want is an answer to this simple question:

Is there any effort to unify the diferent possible sources of words for
some autocomplete mode in the standard gnu-emacs code base?

I'm thinking that right now some sources for autocomplete exist,
abbreviations, snippets, some helper mode for some special language, maybe
some tag file. and they all work unaware of the others. Is there some
"oficial policy about auto-completition" that emacs follows or its up to me
to "configure" my environment to do the right thing?

Anyway thanks for this marvelous project that stimulates my curiosity and
my DIY abilities! a big thanks to all the emacs people!