Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 06:29:32 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> Personally I often find FLOSS folks at least as dishonest as the corporate
> types
> [No surprise, given that human beings are the same...]

Completely agree. The cause of the dishonesty varies, through. The FLOSS
folks tend to think "what is good for me must be good for everybody
else, and those who think different are idiots." Also, they put more
value on following group thinking than on doing cold assessments, even
on those matters that can be assesed on objective terms. BTW, this is
characteristic of religious behavior (or religious behavior is just
another expression of those attitudes.)

OTOH, corporate types have, *on* *addition*, another motivator, which is
very powerful: greediness (which also implies increased social status,
etc.)

> And diplomatic silence is often the most painful (for me) kind of dishonesty.

Silence (diplomatic or apathic) is what allows dishonesty to do harm.
Diplomatic silence is cowardice by another name.

[snip]