Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:48:38 -0400

> Isn’t that what we have „with-eval-after-load“ for?

with-eval-after-load is there to help make startup more lazy.  But it's
not particularly designed to help silence "spurious" byte-compiler warnings.

> At least, that’s what I am using in my init.el to avoid warnings about
> free variables.

I'm surprised it works for you.

This said, maybe the byte-compiler should treat it specially
(i.e. treat it sort of like a `require' and forcefully load the file
before processing the body of the with-eval-after-load).

        Stefan