Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:57:44 PM UTC+5:30, Jai Dayal wrote:
> > In my experience the
> scientific types are more bigoted than the religious ones.

> Okay, how many people have been killed in the name of science vs. killed in
> the name of religion?

The argument can cut both ways:
Consider that
a. The wars of the 20th century have been more terrible than all the
previous ones
b. The human propensity to wish to kill another is the same across millenia

We can only conclude that it is science and technology that is the
multiplying factor for the escalation.

Anyway this kind of blame game is becoming faintly ridiculous
[and too OT to continue so should preferably stop with this post!]

I'd just reiterate what I said: "In my experience the scientific types
are more bigoted than the religious ones."

To convert this into a universally quantified: "All scientific persons
are more bigoted than religious ones" would be quite
ridiculous. Anyone interested can find any number of counterexamples
both ways.

Even a more nuanced statistical "It is more likely that..." is untenable
without massively more data than we have at our disposal.

---------
And since this has now become too unrelated to emacs, I would like to
drop out of this 'discussion'