Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:17:34 +0200

Dnia 2014-08-29, o godz. 14:34:32
Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> >Rusi also said "in my experience"
>
> I don't see how that's relevant. "In my opinion, you are stupid" isn't
> really that functionally different in layman speak to "you are
> stupid".

opinion ≠ experience.

> >I have to admit that it is the first time I see this definition of
> "faith", and I wouldn't agree with it.  This closes the discussion (I
> hope so at least, I have some work to do, you know).
>
> It really isn't though. There is a difference between beliefs and
> evidenced-based reasoning. Faith is *believing* something to be true
> 100% regardless of the evidence.

Of course there's a difference, and a huge one indeed.  Just as there
is a difference between faith and idiocy.  Also a huge one.

In order to discuss your second claim: (1) agreement on the definition
of "evidence" needed (hard) and (2) agreement on the definition of
"faith" needed (even harder).

Discussion about this = fun, useful.

Discussion about this with someone who misquotes and offends people =
  not fun, less useful.

I'm getting back to my family and my work, bye.

Regards,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University