Re: how to store a elisp procedure in a file and recall it typing a key

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: how to store a elisp procedure in a file and recall it typing a key
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 23:09:22 -0600

On 9/3/14 4:05 AM, renato.pontefice@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
I would store, the piece of code made in elisp, and recall it by pressing a
some special key:
i.e.
my elisp procedure does a control on the file where it is executed, so if I
open a text file, I would made that control on that file.
How can i recall it?
I do not find the way, asking togoogle :-(

Try the Emacs documentation itself first -- in this case, the "Writing
Defuns" node of the Emacs Lisp Intro manual seems to be the best place
to start.

Here's a starting point (in case it's not obvious, you would store this
in your ~/.emacs file):

(defun my-command ()
  "Does a control on the current buffer."
  (some-elisp-function)
  (some-other-elisp-function and-its-argument and-its-other-argument))

(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'my-command)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA