re: emacs and beginning of lines

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: re: emacs and beginning of lines
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 05:59:13 -0400 (EDT)

When I read those messages about emacs not always going back to the
correct start of line positions, I figured it might be useful to check on
something.  I've started studying python and emacs has really good indent
capabilities for its  default python mode.  However that default python
mode on a line starting on position 5 on the screen also has this problem.
If I get on a line like that and hit c-e first then hit c-a then check my
line position, I land on position 1 not position 5 where the indent
started.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>