mutate list by appending a list (and similar for props)

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: mutate list by appending a list (and similar for props)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:42:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I often find that I am repeating calls to add-to-list (mutates) / plist-put
(immutable) in my .emacs [1] configuration against the same variable. I'd like
to be able to pass a list of elements to be appended/prepended to the variable
to save on boilerplate.

It would be trivial to write a little function that repeats the operation for a
list input, but I'd rather use something that is already in the emacs distro
(or at least in a very lightweight MELPA package).

Does such a thing exist?

[1] https://github.com/fommil/unix/blob/master/.emacs

Best regards,
Sam