RE: If arg, open in new frame

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: RE: If arg, open in new frame
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:02:30 -0400

So, that half answered my question: thanks for showing me how to use optional
args. My function is now:

(defun go-or-make-agenda (&optional new-frame) (interactive "P")
  (let ((buffer "\*Org Agenda\*"))
    (if (get-buffer buffer)
        (switch-to-buffer buffer)
      (org-agenda-list))))

But I actually don't know how to open this in a new frame. I guess I should
have given my more specific use case:

I use this function to check my calendar. Sometimes, I want to do that without
losing what I have open right now (especially when I'm reading an email in Gnus
that asks me about an appointment). Right now I have to respond with, `C-x 5 2
M-x go-or-make-agenda` (the function actually being bound to <F8>). I'd like to
shorten this effort to just doing `C-u <F8>`. Google is not readily serving me
for how to open in another frame in elisp.