easy customization? I don't think so

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: easy customization? I don't think so
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 05:51:55 -0400 (EDT)

One thing that would help easy customization get easy would be for emacs
to announce controls when point lands on them.  Some of us can't see color
let alone anything else.  Fortunately I have a backup up my .emacs file in
the highly probable event I manage to make a real mess of it.  Some of us
believe it or not are using computers without a mouse or screen just
running off the screen reader.  This is why I had done several hand edits
of my .emacs file to get it where it is now.  Earlier I tried using
newsticker with the emacs-git version and found no support for
configuration of that program in the info pages outside of M-x customize
group newsticker.  When I opened that group, I couldn't figure out if I
wanted to add the emacsworld feed how to do it or where to do it.  No help
from google on this one either.  An iPhone app to date rssrunner was the
only news reader able to add emacsworld to it and bring up articles.  The
snownews and canto newsreaders both failed so I got curious about
newsticker and that's what ran me into all of these neat discoveries.  Has
emacs got any "don't leave home without them" settings for totally blind
users that are touch typists?

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>