Enable hl-line-mode with recentf

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Enable hl-line-mode with recentf
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:49:45 +0200

Hello,

I want to enable hl-line-mode when I use recentf-mode

(recentf-mode t)

;; adding a hook
(add-hook 'recentf-mode-hook (lambda ()
                               (hl-line-mode t) ))

;; or use the key command
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-r") (lambda ()
                                  (interactive)
                                  (recentf-open-files)
                                  (hl-line-mode t) ))

Both had no effect? BTW, do I need to place the hook before (recentf-mode
t)? Tried both, both had no effect.

Thanks,
Florian