RE: Sorting lines by length

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Sorting lines by length
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:48:51 +0000

The code for (sort-lines) looks simple enough. Look at the definition of
(sort-subr) (the last line of the definition of (sort-lines) in emacs 24.3).
You could use something like the following for a predicate:

(defun compare-lengths (left right)
  "Return non-nil if the string LEFT is shorter than the RIGHT."
  (< (length left) (length right)))

,Doug
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224 or ext 4335

"This is a slow pup," he said continuing his ascent.