Re: how to add button to emacs that play a elisp code

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: how to add button to emacs that play a elisp code
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 00:27:39 +0200

Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com> writes:

> Those commands are: `mml-attach-file' and
> `mml-attach-file'.

`mml-attach-file' I do have (but only one :) - it is
the one I use to attach stuff. I have that `C-a C-a',
only.

I see that with 'emacs -Q' it is indeed `C-c RET f' as
well so that must been something I configured, somehow
(?).

Using this method, I can find out that the other
function is `mml-attach-buffer'.

OK, I'll try those two now!

With `mml-attach-file': ...

With `mml-attach-buffer': ...

Neither worked:

    Couldn't send message via news: 441 Invalid Content
    type

How this will look in Gnus, I'll soon find out. But how
it will look in other clients (not to mention web
interfaces) I don't know - what I remember from Outlook
ten years ago was a small clip icon you had to click to
get the attachment. So I prefer inline to that.

Wait, that gave me an idea. Let's do the same thing
only inline:

(remove mml-attach-file + inline; same problem)

(removed mml-attach-buffer + inline; ditto)

So what I can see killing and yanking is still the
best!

Hypothesis: Maybe this stuff works for mail, but not
Usenet?

--
underground experts united