RE: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:06:48 -0700 (PDT)

> As for Emacs in particular, it is a good idea. It will
> bring attention to the editor, and beginners will be
> helped, quickly.

I must be missing something obvious so far, because I don't see
why it would be helpful at all.  What's wrong with filtering
on the tag [emacs]?  Currently I do that, and there are really
only two SE sites I bother to check for that tag: SO, SuperUser.

And you can trivially set a filter to check all sites for that
tag (or for any combination of tags, e.g. [emacs] [elisp]
[lisp] [common-lisp]).

How would adding a third, "Emacs", site improve things for
anyone?  Just one more site to check for Emacs Q & A.
I looked at the proposal for the new site, and at the
"discussion" of it, but I haven't seen any good arguments
in support of it, so far.