Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:01:47 +0200

>> definitely see the advantages. It is PR for the
>> editor.
>
> The announcement of the existence of this SE site is
> indeed PR for Emacs. Discussing such things there
> instead of discussing it in SO, on the other hand, is
> more like moving those discussions to a private room.
> Not clear it's a win overall.

Point, but that is almost never the case.

Putting up a big scientific library in the middle of
the city doesn't lead to the schools and the public
libraries starting to neglect science.

And we should not underestimate people. If they can
find Emacs in SO, they can find the Emacs SX site, no
doubt.

People will still ask about Emacs all over the place,
only those questions will be moved to the Emacs-specific
site.

--
underground experts united