Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:24:59 +0200

>> That's the strangest point ever. How can an
>> Emacs-specific site make it more difficult to
>> monitor? It will be *easier* to monitor because all
>> Emacs stuff will be at one place!
>
> What makes you think that will be the case?

Because you just log in to one site to get to Emacs.

You don't have to be a nomad on several sites and move
back and forth. You don't have to care about any of
that. You just go to the specific site for the specific
purpose.

Collecting material that is associated on one place,
logically in categories and so forth, makes the
material more clear, more accessible, etc.

You yourself said: not another site to monitor!
(pseudo-quote) It is not another site to monitor - it
is *the* site to monitor.

By the way, I remember who rewarded you a bounty on
"Linux & Unix" years ago. If you have stayed on SX
since then I take it you are fond of the SX sites. You
are fond of Emacs, of course. So: how can it be you are
not found of an Emacs SX site?

This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm the one not
liking the SX sites and I'm the only one (?) in favor!

> Nothing prevents you from creating Emacs-specific
> tags today. Make them as elaborate as you like.
> Nothing is more elaborate than elaborate-as-you-like.

In the world of principles, yes. In reality, I can't
see anything else than that an Emacs-specific site will
bring about more material and more advanced material
that will be easier to browse and access.

> Blah. But I do support the idea of anyone, "at any
> stage", including kids and the supposedly mentally
> challenged, starting to use Emacs. Welcome!

Not "mentally challenged" - I wrote "morons" - if you
use moronic software, you become a moronic computer
user. Give me a bunch of Counterstrike- and
World of Warcraft-playing kids (morons) and I'll take
them to the woods and turn them into techno warriors,
all using Emacs, Vim, Linux, Solaris, like yedis...

--
underground experts united