Re: Circular dependencies between libraries - what to do?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Circular dependencies between libraries - what to do?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:52:40 -0400

> I'm probably asking for trouble, but B actually does not work without A,
> and A calls B functions, so they do require each other.

You can try to restructure the files, so as to get rid of
the circularity.

Or you can load the files differently.  E.g. instead of top-level
`require', you can use autoloads, so that loading A doesn't load B, but
when A calls functions from B, then B gets loaded.  Or instead of
autoloads, you can place a (require 'B) *inside* the functions of A that
call functions from B.

        Stefan