Emacsclient - strange random underscores in output

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Emacsclient - strange random underscores in output
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:53:36 +0200

Hi List,

inspired by a recent topic on the Org mailing list, I would like to
bring this (longstanding) problem on the table again:

when calling emacsclient on the commandline for exporting an Org file to
html, there are occasionally unexplicable underscores in the output. I
checked the input Org file for peculiarities, but even with
whitespace-mode I can see nothing special in the places where the
underscore later appears in the html output.

I'm not a C programmer, but I went through the sources of

,----
| /emacs/lib-src/emacsclient.c
`----

and it seems to me that emacsclient does these two conversions:

 1. convert blanks to underscores
 2. convert underscores back to blanks later on

If this is correctly interpreted, isn't it possible that in step 2 an
underscore is missed occasionally? If so I would file a bug report, but
the issue happens seldom and randomly - I cannot give a recipe to
reproduce it.

--
cheers,
Thorsten