Re: Maximize/restore frame function

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Maximize/restore frame function
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 20:50:54 +0200

Subhan Michael Tindall <SubhanT@familycareinc.org> writes:

> Hi, I'm looking for a simple (hopefully!) function to maximize a
> frame/restore to it's previous size. I've looked through the apropos
> and the closest I could find was iconify-frame and
> iconify-or-deiconify-frame, neither of which quite does what I want.
> What I want is function to toggle a given frame between being
> maximized on it's display and it's original size I work in windows
> (bleh), I get this same functionality by double clicking on the top
> bar of the frame. This maximizes it to the monitor It's on. Dual
> monitor setup with virtuawin multiple desktops if that helps. Any
> ideas?

>From NEWS:

* Changes in Emacs 24.4

*** New commands `toggle-frame-fullscreen' and `toggle-frame-maximized',
bound to <f11> and M-<f10>, respectively.

`toggle-frame-maximized' is what you want.

Out there are Windows binaries for Emacs 24.4, which in pretest phase.

Before those functions I use a hack on .emacs for maximizing the frame.
I can't recall if it toggled the state, though.