Re: Emacs for Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:47:55 +0300

> From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:16:03 +0200
>
> There's wpkg and Chocolatey, and from my impression the latter is
> getting more and more popular:
>
> https://chocolatey.org/
>
> It already has an Emacs package.

But almost nothing of interest to Emacs users except Emacs itself,
AFAICS (apologies if I missed something).  It has a long way to go,
and it must convince the few people who produce high-quality ports to
distribute those ports via those package managers.  It is much easier
to create a zip file of a binary distribution that use one of those.