Re: Emacs for Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:22:01 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:33:13 -0400
>
> I'm surprised nobody has tried to solve this problem

I think that's because there is no problem.

> I mean, distribution via zip files is so painful for the user who has to
> figure out on his own how to upgrade from one version to another, plus
> all the dependencies, etc...

If the package is done well, then all the dependencies are already
bundled.  And then all you need is unzip the file.  How hard can that
be?

> How do people live with that?

I can tell you that no one ever asked me to provide the binary zips I
upload in any other form.  Which makes me think there is no problem.