Re: DocView: process ps->pdf changed status to killed.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: DocView: process ps->pdf changed status to killed.
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:19:00 -0400

>> Ah, then it sounds like the problem might be that the pdf2text process
>> should not be linked to the main buffer but only to the new "text view"
>> buffer (so that switching back to ps-mode in the main buffer wouldn't
>> affect the process)
> Well, yes, in theory.

So I see 2 possible good fixes:
- we make the practice match the theory by copying all the buffer-local
  vars we need into the .txt buffer and then running all those processes
  in that buffer.
- we change the .txt system so that it displays the text in the original
  buffer rather than in an auxiliary buffer (and hence we don't switch
  back to ps-mode).

        Stefan