Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:25:04 -0700

Hi Mike,

Mike <mastali.mehrdad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I found the ~/.emacs file and edit it by adding the following line into it:
> "(setenv "PATH" "/usr/local/bin:$PATH" t)"
> since my gdb is located in /usr/local/bin
>
> but when I run the emacs it gives me following error:
> "Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> `/Users/mike/.emacs':

I tried evaluating the forms you posted and didn't have any errors, so
I'm not sure what's going on.

Try copying them into normal Emacs Lisp file (like ~/init-test.el) and
commenting them out in your init file. The restart Emacs, open the other
file you put them in, and evaluate each form one by one. To do that, put
your cursor right after the form and type C-x C-e (for
`eval-last-sexp'). Hopefully this will tell you which form is causing a
problem.

--
john