RE: how to display a character with a specific glyph and face ?

From: Boiteux Frederic
Subject: RE: how to display a character with a specific glyph and face ?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:14:52 +0200

        Hello Stefan, Eli,

Thanks for you quick replies.

Yes, I've done this since a long time to distinguish non-break space from
standard ones (I think in emacs22 ou 23), and tried to report this on emacs24,
as I didn't understood that in this version, the non-break space is already
shown with a special face ! I got a small brown « underscore », not very
different from standard underscore, and as on my keyboard, these two characters
are on the same key, it wasn't sufficient for me.
  Instead of modifying the standard-display-table, I should modify the
escape-glyph face, isn't it ?

    Thanks for your suggestions and solutions,
                Fred.