Re: Suite of Color Themes for console

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Suite of Color Themes for console
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:57:29 -0400

> Thanks for this Jacob, it is very useful. But I do wonder if it could be
> "tweaked" such that it displays the name of the theme in that black bar
> at the top of emacs just before it gets onto the system-bar of the
> desktop?

I wouldn't know where to begin on this, and I'm not even sure which bar
you're talking about. The last bar I have before the system bar is the menu
bar (which for me isn't black). I've never played with menus, but perhaps
it's feasible to create a dummy menu which displays the theme name. You
could also probably define a minor mode that displays your theme name in
the mode line
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Mode-Line.html>.

> Also, I've got a lot of themes from ELPA, which on this box is
> at "/home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa" which I would dearly love to use,
> like this, and it works!

>  (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path
>                (file-name-as-directory
>                                 "/home/boudiccas/git/replace-colorthemes"))
> (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path "/home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/themes")
> (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path "/home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa")

My setup doesn't pick up the themes automatically from the custom theme
load path - you have to add each theme to the variable my-themes.

;; Cycle through this set of themes
(setq my-themes '(robin-hood charcoal-black classic dark-blue desert))

I'm sure there's a way to generate this list automatically by parsing the
folders in custom-theme-load-path.

> Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.