Re: Advice Required

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Advice Required
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:25:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
 > You might get the same result more simply by doing something like
 >
 >     emacsclient --eval '(progn (ediff-merge-files-with-ancestor ...)
 > (recursive-edit))'

Wonderful. This does not require an external device and the error
message in the minibuffer that you get when you run the command from
within emacs is negligible.

 > Then emacsclient will only return when you exit the recursive edit
 > (i.e. when something runs (throw 'exit <value>) which you could add to
 > ediff's exit hook).

It took me a bit to find how to add it correctly to the hook list, but
it is what I needed.

Anyway, I still have a doubt.

I managed to have this piece of code work

(defun ediff-after (foobar)
  (interactive)
  (error "pingpipe"))

(advice-add 'ediff-quit  :after #'ediff-after)

but when I tried this a second time it did not work, complaining about
wrong number of arguments. What did I wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO