Re: Find bindings for all modes

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Find bindings for all modes
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 21:00:01 +0000

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:
>> Tim, have you tried god-mode or evil?  They may be more useful for
>> dealing with limited hand mobility.
>   Say what? :) Never heard of them. I will be googling them as soon
>   as I finish this message. Feel free to elaborate if you have the

Evil mode is Vi emulation.  It brings with it Vi's modal keybindings.
So, there's a command mode and an insert mode.

God mode does the same thing but it's based on Emacs' default keybinding.
So, you press the "command" mode key (normally ESC) and every key acts like
C-key.  So ESC f f e j o is the same as C-f C-f C-e C-j C-o.

Some people believe that these modes are better than chord keys for
people with hand problem.  I don't use either of them though.

BR,
Robert Thorpe