Re: Correct Paths to Emacs C Sources after Installation

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Correct Paths to Emacs C Sources after Installation
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 02:17:51 +0100

Furthermore, I just don't get what exactly you don't understand. Do you
realize that the default `source-directory` is hard coded to the path where
Emacs sources were when you built them? You cannot relocate them now
without either manually changing the value of this variable through Emacs
Lisp or rebuilding Emacs from scratch so that the default changes. This
poses a major difficulty when distributing Emacs as a prebuilt package,
since on the developer machine sources would be located on some directory
which does not even exists for end users. How many more times should I
repeat that issue?