Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 18:14:14 +0000

Since coming into open beta, the Emacs.StackExchange site has been going
well.
Over the last couple of weeks, there have been approximately 16 new
questions per day.
At the same time, the gnu-emacs mailing lists form the strongest Emacs
community that I'm aware of.

I'd like to try and build some bridges between the these two communities.
One way of doing that would be to forward here (to help-gnu-emacs) a list
of new questions posted on Emacs.SE. On average, the quality of answers at
the site has been very nice, but things can always be improved. Not only
that, but I've also learned a lot just by reading some of the posts there,
so I'm sure it would also be of interest to the mailing list.

I certainly don't want to spam this list, so the idea would be to have a
daily email listing new questions.
A second option would be an email every 3 hours (8 emails a day), but I
think that would be too much.

*Is this something people would be happy with?*

Cheers to all,
Artur Malabarba

PS 1: For now, there's no way to turn email replies into actual answers
there. But if any interesting discussion lights up here anyone with an
account could turn it into an answer there.

PS 2: For those not familiar with the SE network, the site is heavily
focused on Q&A. There is a place for discussion (a sub-site called the
meta), but the main site itself is strongly focused on objective questions.
It also has some very good tools to prevent duplicate questions, and to
help maintain discoverability of old questions.