[git] puplic repo url incorrect or server overloaded?

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: [git] puplic repo url incorrect or server overloaded?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:43:50 +0100

Hello,

I'm using the address from the EmacsWiki
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GitForEmacsDevs#toc4)

    git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs

It seems to be correct since `git remote show ALIAS' shows seemingly the
right content. But with `git fetch ALIAS' I'm getting

      fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

or sometimes no response but no download seems to happen...

Is this just a sign that the server is overloaded or am I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks
        Dieter
--