Looking for a buffer-cycling library

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Looking for a buffer-cycling library
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:11:46 -0900

I'm looking for a buffer cycling mechanism that will ignore any
buffer not loaded from or written to a file.

Example - any buffer whose name begins with '*' would be "jumped
over"

Ideally it would work just like 'buffer-next or 'previous-buffer,
but I would still be able to access _all_ buffers from 'buffer-menu.

It would have to work in terminal mode and my best imagined use
would be from a netbook without split windows.

Recommendations are welcome.
thanks
--
Tim