Re: manual activism

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: manual activism
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:55:44 -0500

> Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> I haven't been to a library in a long time. I'll
>> have to take your word for what goes on there.
>>
>> All I know is that I can find all I want to know on
>> just about any subject in a few seconds with a
>> search engine.
>>
>> Sometimes those searches lead to sites selling
>> books. I've never felt I needed a book. The online
>> resources are current and complete for my needs.
>
> Oh, man. There is a world for you to explore.
>
> Let's make an experiment. I advice you to read these
> two books and then if you still don't want to do it
> you at least gave it a shot and no one can blame you.
>
> * "Masters of Deception" by Joshua Quittner and
>   Michelle Slatalla (1999 Library Binding) ISBN
>   0-7857-8744-5
>
> * "The Kon-Tiki Expedition: By Raft Across the South
>   Seas" ("Kon-Tiki ekspedisjonen", also known as
>   "Kon-Tiki: Across the Pacific in a Raft"), 1948, by
>   Thor Heyerdahl.

What kind of point are you trying to make?

I read the Kon-Tiki book in my youth.
It was good, but I see no need to read it again.

Masters of Deception appears to be available as a free ebook.
I'll download it when I get a chance.

I'm still not anywhere near a Public Library and if you are
trying to imply I need to visit a library,
you are demonstrably wrong.

--
Dan Espen