Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: MBR
Subject: Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:10:01 -0500

I use M-x compare-windows a LOT. So, I'll usually have at least one frame big enough to hold two side-by-side 80 column windows, and that's where I'll do most of my work. However I tend to open a new frame for things where I want to see an additional file briefly.

Also, I'm frequently running a local terminal emulator, and from that emulator's shell prompt I've got an ssh connection to a remote host on which I'm running emacs. Under those circumstances, frames are not an option, so I use emacs windows for everything.

   Mark Rosenthal