Re: Why is it not possible to use "nil" any more in init files ?

From: Emacs User
Subject: Re: Why is it not possible to use "nil" any more in init files ?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:07:36 +0000 (UTC)

> Then in emacs 24 the command (tool-bar-mode nil) in my .emacs was
> understood as if I do want a toolbar...

I wonder if this is related to

when I'm already in text fill mode, M-x toggle-text-mode-auto-fill turns it
on although it's already on, and I have to issue the command again...

Is there one command to turn it off given it's already on? I don't know how
long I have been seeing this but it is certainly happening in 24.2.1.

Bill