Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: Chris F.A. Johnson
Subject: Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:02:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014, Raffaele Ricciardi wrote:

The usefulness of frames is evident for buffers that update their content according to the current buffer (like Speedbar and ECB). Besides this kind of use, when do you prefer frames instead of windows?

   I use a new frame only when I want it on a different workspace.

   I use a second (or, occasionally, a third) window when I need to
   refer to one buffer while working in another (e.g.
   http://t.cfaj.ca/emacs-cv.jpg).

   Other than that, I use multiple buffers, often having as many as
   50 open at once.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com>