Alternative to string< that works "well" with unicode

From: Rasmus
Subject: Alternative to string< that works "well" with unicode
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:42:06 +0100

Hi,

I want to sort a list of strings, including accented strings, in a
"meaningful way".  E.g. with this list (É E T A À Z) the sorted list
should be (A À E É T Z).

(sort '(É E T A À Z) 'string<)
      => (A E T Z À É) ; expected (A À E É T Z)

I tried all the versions of 'string< that I could find with apropos.

Is there a function that will support my preferred sorting in Emacs?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
What will be next?