Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 02:49:57 +0100

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

> What I like about Emacs is that I don't have to
> think much about the OS. I worked on Cygwin, it was
> fine (but slow), now I work on Mac OS X - it's ok
> too (and faster - the most impressive difference is
> when I turn on `global-auto-revert-mode' after
> project update from git...). Same interface, same
> environment. Just don't care about the OS. (Yes, Mac
> OS X is non-free, but I don't mind spying on me if
> they would want so...)

What you are saying is there are other OSs besides
Emacs?

:)

I used to think if I just had Emacs and a shell to
hammer commands the OS wouldn't matter. That was when
I was young and elastic. Now I'm a bit older and I
only acknowledge that principle in principle. Actually
I'm a bit cut in stone. But at least I know that stone
works (almost) no matter.

No, I don't like Apple for political as well as
personal reasons.

--
underground experts united