Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:18:05 +0100

On 2014-11-30, at 20:43, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
> writes:
>
>> The upcoming Debian (Jessie, Debian 8) is now in
>> freeze and has emacs-24.4. By chance I just had to
>> install it and if you are interested I can give you
>> a quick installation guide privately.
>
> I have 24.4 as well and I got that straight from the
> repos with aptitude.
>
> What are you guys talking about? :)

Maybe nowadays it's better.  Don't know.  This is not really the worst
thing about Ubuntu, anyway.  When I hit C-M-t to start a terminal, I
have to wait approximately 8 seconds.  When I hit the "Windoze" key to
start the "dash" (I guess this is what it's called), I have to wait
approximately 6 seconds.  Not really a best user experience.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University