Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Elisp addiction not as bad in light of Linux forkoholism
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:30:32 +0100

> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
> writes:
>
>> The upcoming Debian (Jessie, Debian 8) is now in
>> freeze and has emacs-24.4. By chance I just had to
>> install it and if you are interested I can give you
>> a quick installation guide privately.
>
> I have 24.4 as well and I got that straight from the
> repos with aptitude.
>
> What are you guys talking about? :)

Well, sure compiling is an option as well, but usually it's more
convenient to use the distro's packages.  For example, you want to have
bbdb3?

sudo aptitude install bbdb3

that's it.  No searching in github, No fiddling with load-path or other
stuff.

You want to have maxima support of Emacs, R (ess) support?  Likewise.

       Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm