RE: Is it possible to scroll smoothly in Emacs?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Is it possible to scroll smoothly in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:40:06 -0800 (PST)

And being a realist you "adjusted your sails" by drawing a diagonal
line across the edge of your 1000-card binary deck with a marker,
so that when you (inevitably) slipped and fell in the snow and
slush and had to reconstruct the deck you could do so without too
much trouble (after drying cards & programmer over an open fire or
radiator).

Yup; been there, done that.