Re: The euro symbol in emacs

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: The euro symbol in emacs
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 18:39:12 +0100

Hi Drew,

On 5 December 2014 at 16:15, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> >> (define-key minibuffer-local-map
> >>             (kbd "s-2")
> >>             (lambda () (interactive) (insert ?€)))
> >
> > This sounds like the way to go, but it doen't seem to work. Tried
> > the minibuffer-local-map as well as all other minibuffer-*-map
> > maps that are listed when completing F1 v minibuffer-
>
> Works for me.  (I don't use a `super-' modifier, but putting,
> say, "C-o" in place of "s-2" shows that it works fine.)

Does not work​

​for me. Tried minibuffer-local-map as well as
minibuffer-local-isearch-map. Tried C-o, C-i, C-2 as well as C-`, but no
success.

Of course, the fact that I am an evil user probably complicates things :(

Anyway, the remapped PLUS MINUS key works well for me.

Have a nice weekend,

Guido​