Re: Campaign for Tablet which runs Emacs closes soon

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Campaign for Tablet which runs Emacs closes soon
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 22:18:42 +0100

On 2014-12-05, at 21:42, Drew Adams wrote:

>> 3. Imagine that in Emacs 27 (for instance), you will be able to bind
>> commands not only to keys and clicks etc., but also to swipes,
>> pinches, gestures etc.  Then, why not?
>
> Indeed, why not?  Emacs 27?  Imagine?
>
> `M-x load-library strokes'
> `M-x strokes-help'
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/19485215/729907
>
> http://ileriseviye.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/mouse-gestures-recognition-in-emacs/
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/?action=browse;oldid=StrokeMode;id=StrokesMode

Wow.

Does it support gestures on touch-screens, too?  I'd love to be able
e.g. to pinch a window to bury its buffer, or swipe horizontally to
switch buffers, or swipe vertically to split windows etc.  (I mean, /if/
I had a tablet.  But I guess at some point I might buy myself one.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University