Re: Setting the background color of the minibuffer

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Setting the background color of the minibuffer
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:24:22 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Is it possible to set the background color (the face, in general terms)
>> of the minibuffer (and only of the minibuffer) without using a dedicated
>> frame for it?
>
> Did you try face-remapping?

Yes. Something like this:

Starting from

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12654592/change-the-background-color-of-the-minibuffer-when-input-is-needed

where the solution is:

(add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook
          (lambda ()
            (make-local-variable 'face-remapping-alist)
            (add-to-list 'face-remapping-alist
                         '(default (:background "green")))))

That works as advertised: the background changes when you are working on
the minibuffer.

However, I want the background changed permanently. So I tried:

(dolist (b (buffer-list))
  (when (minibufferp b)
    (with-current-buffer b
      (make-local-variable 'face-remapping-alist)))
      (add-to-list 'face-remapping-alist
                   '(default (:background "black"))))

but that changes the background of all buffers. And the minibuffer, when
it is empty, eventually comes back to the original background.