Re: help with using sql-connect

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: help with using sql-connect
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:54:09 +0100

Ciao Alex,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com> wrote:
> No the problem is not in a symbol - a string should work.  At least I've
> tested your code and it worked.  Are you sure "sql-connection-alist"
> contains the value you expect?

Uhm...I paste again my sql-connection-alist for double check:

(setq sql-connection-alist
      '((TEST (sql-product 'postgres)
             (sql-port 5432)
             (sql-server "localhost")
             (sql-user "demo")
             (sql-password "demo")
             (sql-database "demodb"))
        (PROD (sql-product 'postgres)
             (setq  sql-port 5432)
             (sql-user "demo")
             (sql-password "demo")
             (sql-database "demodb") ) ) )

However if I try directly M-x sql-connect then no matter whatever I
write, I got always an error saying
Invalid function: (TEST PROD)
If I try your snippet of code for pg-connect I got the same error. So
I suspect there is something wrong with the sql-connection-alist, but
I cannot see what.
I'm running 24.3.1, if that matters.

Thanks,
Luca